|Air Photo Study|
Immaculata High School
New Look for an Ottawa East Institution
Ed Cuhaci, June 1993
The architectural firm of Ed Cuhaci, Ottawa East resident, is managing
the transformation of the Echo Drive Algonquin College Campus into the
new site of Immaculata High School scheduled to open in September 1994.
The existing Colonel By Campus consists of three buildings situated around
a landscaped courtyard. The most prominent building on the site is the
College Building (built In 1930) with its main entrance facing Echo Drive.
It was originally built for St. Patrick' s College. From 1973 to 1992
the building housed Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology.
The campus has undergone several alterations and additions over the years.
In 1965 two
In the proposed site development, the new gymnasium complex is located
where the horticulture building and library building now stand. The campus
courtyard has been redesigned and divided into two components: a paved
area, referred to as the students' "square," which will serve
as a meeting place for students; and a landscaped area where special emphasis
will be made to maintain the existing landscaping. This redesigned courtyard
will be one of the appealing features of the campus.
The new library, located above the cafeteria, can be viewed from the
proposed new walkways to the campus buildings. This library is an important
feature in the new design and will play a great role in creating a new
image for the "Immaculata Campus. "
|Return to Mainstreeter Index|